If you don’t already have an Insta-Pot you should get one…like yesterday. I’m obsessed. It has changed my mom-cooking-world. I adapted this recipe from using a crock-pot to my Insta-pot, and put the chicken in frozen…(yes I said frozen!) I’m still playing with the settings on my Insta-pot but for this I set the manual time to 60 minutes and let it de-pressurize by itself. Everything came out tender and the meat was perfect!
Here is the crockpot recipe from damndelicious.net:
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts instead)
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Photo from Damndelicious.net